Full-time Frontend Developer at Cutting Edge Business Software Startup (m/w/d)
Why We Do What We Do
We love working in projects. But successful projects require discipline. Meticulous planning, strict deadlines, task sequences, progress tracking and more. While we’ve met many teams that share our passion for the transformative potential of project-based work, rare is the domain-expert’s excitement about administrative ‘must-dos’ involved.
This is where (project) managers enter the scene. They deal with the day-to-day of (re-)scheduling, tracking, budgeting etc. All of these are essential for any project. But do they add value to the actual end result? Hardly.
Our mission is to remove the hassle, the cost, the need for discipline – the annoying part of project work. You should be able to focus on the things that really count. By connecting exceptional people and helping them to form great teams, we want to become a part of the mighty things they dare.
awork is the future of project management assistants. It lets you organise your teamwork and track progress effortlessly. In its current development stage, we work on smarter project and task management, time tracking and powerful integrations for our 2000+ users.
The next phase of development will introduce more and more AI-powered features for automated scheduling, data enrichment, team communication and much more on our way to replacing the project manager with amazing technology.
We are looking for passionate UX designers and frontend developers that want to build the future of business software together with us, embracing web and cloud technologies and refreshing takes on UI and UX.
Take a look for yourself. You can sign up for free and see what we are working on: www.awork.io
What You Will Do
- As part of our team you design and build beautiful user interfaces and features for our state-of-the-art Angular web app
- Build and maintain UI elements for our design system
- Contribute and participate in product design decisions, our feature roadmap, the overall user experience and the product architecture
- Check and improve the code quality, do refactoring and fix bugs
This is You
- You love to build delightful and amazing user interfaces
- You have minimum 2 years of professional experience as a web designer or as a front-end web developer
- Experience with front-end frameworks like Angular, React, Ember, Vue, etc. is a plus
- Experience with stylesheet preprocessors like SASS or LESS is a plus
- Ability to work in a team, participate in technical and product discussions
- Drive to tackle challenging issues and grow the company with a motivated, professional team
What You Can Expect
- Being part of motivated team that gives everything every day for our great product
- Working with modern web technologies like CSS3, HTML5, Angular, RxJS, Typescript and REST APIs
- A fast time to market for your projects
- Flexible work hours with a core working time but options for home office days
- A MacBook Pro (or equivalent) which you can also use privately
- Lots of possibilities to participate or contribute to the company culture, the working environment and the product roadmap
- Modern working place in the center of Hamburg with lots of amenities like fresh coffee, bio fruits, soft drinks, team spaces and regular team events
This Is Us
We’re HQLabs, a team of 25 tech enthusiastic project addicts based in beautiful Hamburg, Germany. We love working in Projects: It’s the challenge, the concentration on a team’s shared goal, the constant change and the ability to create something amazing that’s more than the sum of its parts.
To us, being able to accomplish so much with only experience, expertise and a great team is one of the biggest boons of today’s knowledge economy. Designers, engineers, architects, consultants, researchers and many others come together to shape their clients’ business, their own environment and even the very way we work and live in modern society. Projects are the symbol of new beginnings and progress.
By providing the infrastructure required to make such distributed, diverse, ever changing projects a success, we feel that we can be a part of their journey.
If you enjoy working on challenging tasks in a demanding team with a startup atmosphere, you’ve come to the right place. Contact us and we’re happy to get to know you in an informal meeting or call.
Nils Czernig, Co-Founder, Engineering & Finance, [email protected]